Monday, August 25, 2008

A few adjustments

So i'm here between classes just getting some food and decided to throw out a nugget. Here are somethings that are different i'm having to adjust to here;
1) Who knew it was this bloddy hot here? Ya 105.
B) The Cops seem to be meaner here. I shorn't elaberate.
III) Here Sacrament meeting is the last meeting of the block so you start with priesthood then gospel doctrine then Sacrament meeting. Meaning that if you have church at 11:00 do not go and sit down in the sacrament meeting that starts at 11. its a trap.
4) The Library here is so awesome. They have quiet rooms. QUIET ROOMS! Its the most stupendiferous thing ever! Its a sound-proof room where you read....ah. i go in there and do some homework or read and then take a nap on the floor. ya, that just happened. And its window is right across from the nursing wing of the science buiding so all the pretty nursing students walk by the window.
E) This one is less of an adjustment and more of a relief, that all mormon families are the same. The platts have family dinner at grandma and grandpa's house every sunday. Roast and mashed potatoes and all of sister platt's family comes. its really awesome and i feel right at home. Mostly because grandma tells me everytime; "this is your house. eat here sleep here watch movies here go through the refrigerator. you are my grandson and i will treat you like one." so ya i feel fairly abused here.
Last) There is no water. Anywhere. Ok so there is a river somewhere down here but no lakes no ponds nothin. its weird and quite inconvienient when looking for somewhere to skinny dip. (again with the shorn't elaborate) and also the water here is city water so that is wicked lame. but if you get it really cold its passable.

Ad Astra Per Alia Porci. A nifty phrase i picked up in my latin class. its latin for "i don't have a latin class"

9 comments:

Kathleen said...

Race,Again.... you are so stinkin funny. you make my day every time you update. And thank goodness for the kindness of the Platts. I hope you thank them appropriately each time you eat sunday dinner! No one comes home after school anymore so your blog keeps me going:(

Rylee said...

Seriously sometimes I get sick to my stomach thinking that my "little" brother is off at college but i am so glad you have the Platts there it makes me not so sad. Glad school is okay. And you had me so confused for a second I was like "I don't remember helping him sign up for a latin class" Haha funny.

Smiths said...

Quiet rooms are for the birds.

Kates said...

oh racer, you make me laugh. tom and i are sitting here reading this and just laughing. yes tom now reads blogs, no more homework for him!! horay!

Mamma Martin said...

You are our entertainment at the end of the day!! Sooo funny!

Chelsee said...

I'm glad "Grandma" takes care of you. are your classes hard?

Race Davis said...

no my classes aren't too tough.

Linds said...

RACE! Ryles just told me you had a blog. I immediately got excited knowing that there would be posts such as this one. You always have something clever to say and I LOVE it!

The Stoners said...

I'm so glad you live with the Platts, it just seems right! Tell sister platt hi and that I love her!!