Monday, August 18, 2008

First Day of Classes

Ok so my preconcieved mental picture of college was everyone in sweaters, sitting in leather chairs in dimly lit rooms, smoking pipes and sipping brandy. Of course i knew that isn;t what it would look like but that was my idea of higher learning. But today was pretty good with only 2 momental exceptions. I had my first class at nine o'clock. it was an english class i t was ok and was over at 9:50. Then i didn't have a class for an hour so i went to fiscal and got some scholarship business taken care of and then i walked to the bookstore. I met jeffy and preston there and stayed and talked with them for a while. then about a quarter till i started to walk to class and got pretty much to the door of the class and realized i left my bag in my car at the other side of campus. I ran the about mile it was and got in and drove to class and make it in time. That was the first bad moment. That class was cool too. Then directly to Biology. I went there and took the pretest and got to leave when i was done with it. So i left class after about 20 minutes and went and registered for institiute. Then i had a two hour break til digital photography. Digital Photography is really basic stuff and i don't like it much. i wont drop it yet but i am thinking about it. After after photo class i had to go back to fiscal help to pick up my money. I was walking the hundred yards or so from the car to the building and it started pouring. I ran inside and didn;t get to wet. The inside of the building i was going to is really big and with echoish walls and marble floors. I started walking and my shoes were squeaking like no other. Everyone has seen that guy with the squeaky shoes. he tries to adjust his walking so his shoes don;t squeak but whatever he does reeeeechk! reeeeechk! and no one, NO ONE, wants to be that guy, I was that guy and the whold room stared and watched me. And i'm not blowing this out of proportion this squeak was so loud that people had to stop conversations it was so loud. It was not so fun.

5 comments:

Rylee said...

If that's as bad as your first day gets then that's great! Funny about the shoes and sorry you don't really like your photography class, I figured it'd be your favorite one, bummer.

reece said...

aaahh the first day of a new school can be a son-of-bitch. Like Kindergarten talk about awkward.

Kathleen said...

Sounds like the shoe experience we had at Harvard. Remember that? So funny! Hope your photo class gets better. All these things shall give thee experience and be for thy good!:)

Smiths said...

Wear flip flops. You can always take them off in situations like that and become the free spirit who hates shoes instead of the squeaker walking like a tweaker.

Kates said...

Ok, not a fun day! But at least the first day is over and done with. And reece, the son-of-a-bitch comment has me rolling!