Wednesday, October 1, 2008

best day ever

so today i woke up and went to english. super easy class basically no reason i should have even gone today. when it was over i went to the library and worked on my research paper for political science. at eleven i went to history 101 and there was a sign on the door saying dr. lukens was sick. WHOOHOO! No class!

So i went to the institute and was killing time reading a book. I surfed the net a bit, checked out the sisters blog(s), and purused facebook momentarily. Then i discovered they fixed the vending machine! it takes dollarbills now! WHOOHOO! Empty calories!

Then i felt my phone vibrate in my pocket. I put down my cheeseits (paid for with an ol' washington, booya) and pulled it out. it was the alarm i set to remind my self to go to dr. mccarthys class. off i head to biology only to find ANOTHER sign. Dr. Mccarthy has fallen ill too! i guess him and lukens were hanging out. WHOOHOO! Contagious sickness!
Now because this is the best day ever i feel it is time to reveal my big purchase;
This is us with the halo game turned on, and with the guitar hero controllers ready to rock!
Its so awesome!
This is the Xbox 360. it is so awesome it is hooked to the internet so i can play anyone in the world live.

I was walking through walmart and saw that they were having a ridiculously amazing sale on plasma screens. This is a 46 inch Vizio was on sale from 1200 to 900. And then if i buy a TV i must buy an Xbox. So then i splurge and get this Xbox 360 with games and controllers which set me back 750. I know my scholarship money was supposed to go to school stuff but i have all of it paid for and by the time next semester is paid for and this purchase is paid for i will still have a few hundred bucks.

Was this responsible? Probably not REALLY responsible but its not as bad as you are thinking. I mean i have school paid for and i had cash sitting around. I think it was a good buy.

11 comments:

Kathleen said...

Tell me you DIDN'T! Holy cow!!!! Please say it isn't so!

The Stoners said...

I'm sick to my stomach, I really hope this is a joke!

Rylee said...

Are you serious! Oh my goodness Racer, you are nuts!!! I guess you are only 18 once! Hey, while you are on your mission can we "take care" of your plasma?

Kates said...

I have a hard time believing that my future missionary brother splurged on such a temporal purchase when there is a mission to be paid for and when he gets back this will be extreamly outdated. I think you are pulling our leg.

Chelsee said...

Seriously?

Rylee said...

I believe it. I think your nuts, but I don't think you are messing with us.

Rylee said...

I totally would have bought camera stuff.

-Reece K.

Smiths said...

Not bad!!

Linds said...

You remind me of ME!!! I am known to do similar things. Is it a joke or no?!

Case said...

I'm betting joke, but just in case it's true----who are you going to for your "financial bailout"?

Tina said...

Sorry that last comment was from me, A. Tina. I've got to get Casie off my computer! :)