If a squirrel and a rabbit had a baby, it and the chinchilla would be friends. Its a funny little woodland creature that is apparently levi's ideal pet. On my way out of town to phoenix i passed a group of protesters. they were standing on the corner in flagstaff arizona (hmmm i sohuld write a song about that) holding signs and chanting. The signs and chants went along these lines: Equality Now! No Hatred in our Laws! Seperate and Unequal! No on Prop 102! Seperation of Church and Hate (a shot at my religion if you weren't aware) and one sign that had a picture of a bride + picture of groom = BIOGTRY. I won't even go into the flawed logic behind that. Anyhoo i gave a "yes on 102" out my window and kept on going. I went down to Phoenix after that to watch the RV game, buy a suit and to see Uncle D'Wayne and aunt Marla. We lost the game, i bought a suit and saw Elder Uncle and Aunt. This whole trip reminded me of a few reasons why America is amazing:
- I drove hundreds of miles across the state; crossing through counties, jurusdictions and even state lines if i had desired. At times in the history of the world, and in places abroad at this very moment, one cannot travel without advance notice to the government and military checkpoints very frequently. I just up and left.
- YOU CAN BUY A TOOTHBRUSH FOR 97 CENTS! Who says a dollar can't buy anything. I got a toothbrush for 97 cents. That is the heart of Federalist Republicanism Democracy, Folks.
- A person can go and buy a chinchilla if the wind blows them too. You want a chinchilla? BAM! There you go! this is America enjoy your chinchilla sir. That is amazing.
- You can protest (peacefully) anything you want. it could be 'abortion', 'illegal immigration', 'i hate the president' or even 'bathe the whales' you feel like protesting and guess what....you can. Anyhting you feel like voicing your opinions on...you can. Those folks were standing out there fighting for something they felt passionately about. My favorite part is the fact that that ballot initiative passed already and so they are just kinda thrashing about at this point. Its like the NOBAMA rallies....he's already elected folks, the people have spoken. They would have better served the cause to do that rally BEFORE prop 102 came up on the ballot. But they will get their chance next elcetion to take 102 off the books. Thats how it works. I did not agree with anything those picketers had to shout about but if someone had tried to stop them from speaking out i would have died on that sidewalk with them.
- Uncle D'Wayne and Aunt Marla have the freedom in this country to serve their church in a way that they see fit for as long as they choose too. Any person can go to their church, worship, serve, whatever they want.
- Number 6 is actually a bit of a beef with America. I bought a black pinstripe suit. There should be laws against looking as good as i do in that suit. honestly people, i'm a hazard to myself and those around me. Lock up your daughters, America.