Monday, December 1, 2008

Sins of Omission

So i am moving out of the Platts house when this semester is over (which incidentally is in about a week) and i will be living in The Towers. The Towers are the newest dorms at EAC and definately the nicest. They are set up for 4 people. I'll be rooming with my friends Tanner and Bryan and some other guy.

I'm excited to make this move but there are some definate draw-backs. The one that is on my mind at this point is ward-switching. Becuase the towers and the platts house are in two different wards TECHNICALLY i am supposed to switch wards. However, i don't think i will. I am going through mission stuff right now and am doing that with my current bishop. I have developed a good relationship with him and would hate to have to start this mission business with another bishop. Also, i have a calling in my current ward that i like very much and i wouldn't want to leave my FHE fake family. And most of all i LOVE my ward. So i ask you folks.....what are the ethics behind not informing anyone of my address change and staying in my current ward?

11 comments:

Kathleen said...

Since when do you worry about ethics???? Mr. almost get arrested, scar some poor sweet unsuspecting innocent girls half to death! Actually, I have no idea. Ask your dad. I like your reasoning though on the whole "bishop, mission" issues. You didn't mention as a draw back that you have to pay rent!

Rylee said...

I would say you should just stick to the same ward you are in. I don't think your eternal salvation will be in jeopardy if you do.

The Tanner and Bryan Experience said...

Is it official? did you check with the towers people?

PS I understand the whole bishop issue, but really, let's face it, our ward is the best.

Jen said...

We've been following your blog for some time now, but Jen never lets me make comments because I usually embarass her. She's not home right now so here it goes. I think the Church handbook says something about needing 1st presidency approval to have your records in a ward where you do not live? Maybe your eternal salvation will be in jeopardy?

Kates said...

I think that Chad is right, you have to get special permission to stay in a ward. Your bishop might be able to swing that for you, but lets get honest if everyone went to whatever ward they wanted too it would be a mess. Ask your bishop and do what he says.

Linds said...

I am sorry to inform you that you will go to hell if you stay in that ward. Don't worry, I'm sure I'll see you there!

Chelsee said...

Don't know!

Anonymous said...

If Jesus was your roommate which ward would you attend?

Smiths said...

I met Collin and Bryan met Karen by going to a ward that was not in our boundaries. Just sayin'.

reece said...

I ward hopped like mad before and after my mission until I got married. I bet your new ward bishop will come looking for you, the spirit will let him know there's a new kid in his ward. Anyway post more pictures please.

wendilla! said...

Just listen to your heart- that's what i do.