- I was standing in the cafeteria and someone was talking about the poem 'Trees'. Now if you haven't read it you haven't gone through the public school system and if you haven't read it i recomend it. The last line makes me smile. But anyhow someone was attributing it to Robert Frost. Now i'm not an expert on poetry or anything but i'm pretty sure that poem is by Joyce Kilmer. Now i put my 2 cents into my friends conversation and said hey isn't that by Joyce Kilmer? Which it is. "No race its by Robert Frost" "oh sure lets not listen to the British Lit. major in the room". Instant credibility. Boo ya.
- The cafeteria hangs up signs all the time and they are almost always a complete gramatical nightmare. Every single cafeteria schedule in the school says WEAKENDS. Ya. And there was one that was just a total trainwreck. I was commenting on it out loud and someone called me out on the correction and i was sure i was right so i said "Oh lets just blow off the English major." Ha.
- My great friend Wendy is running for a student body office. I was recomending to her that she make her signs very simple and use only Red White and Black. "If you put the point across and associate yourself with the name of you office you want and use that color combination your posters will be very effective." This is true. "But race i think funny pictures and stuff would work the best" "sure lets not listen to the Political Science major Wendy". Ka Ching.
Just a brief glimpse into my life at the EAC.
Also i am always cramming for assignments. 80% of this is due to the fact that i put my work off til the last minute. the other 20% is cause i procrastinate. But becuase of that ysterday i sat at a computer for 3 hours straight, compiled 12 sources for a research paper and wrote an annotated bibliography for them. it was rought. i thought my head was going to explode. Then last night i didn't get in til 5:00 a.m. Good times. College times. My body probably kinda hates me today. Now i have to write a 7 page book review on a book i haven't finished for a class that is happening tommorow. Then why am i sitting here typing on a blog? Cause i'm a procrastinating night owl who can't tap dance.