Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Happy Birthday to me.....

So sunday was my 19th Birthday. I had a fantastic pre-birthday present....I got to go to the temple with a group of friends. What a fantastic way to spend a saturday. The morning before we left i realized that despite my almost incessant mission interivews, i did not have a paper temple recomend. I called my bishop and the interchange went as follows:

Bishop Palmer: Hi Race what can i do for you?

Me: I'm planning on going to the temple today and i don't have a recomend. If you have time i would love to get one but if not i can just skip this trip.

Bishop: I'm in the middle of some yardwork....can you be at my office in 5 minutes?

He is a fantiastic man. He beat me to the institute and i live across the street. he dropped what he was doing to come interview me so i could leave with my friends. I am very grateful for leaders who truly love me. I feel confident he would do anything for any of his students, at any time day or night. But that was my pre-birthday present.

And then the next day Bishop Palmer gave me a fantastic Birthday present. The interchage went as follows:

Bishop: Its you Birthday right? I have a present for you....

Me: Wait really? What is it?

Bishop: On my online mission submission page i saw that your mission call was mailed on friday.

Me: Nehhehehwwooohahhrhhshahehehehehyayayay!!!! (incoherent happy babblings)

My mission call was miled friday. It should be here this week around wednesday or thursday.

My mission president already knows my name.

As you can see i am excited and waiting anxiously....after all i have grown the alloted and required foor or two.

I have a poll going on the right side of the page. I would appreciate a guess or two. More specific guesses can be left in comment form on this post. I have quite the impresion of where i will go, and i'd like to hear your guesses. Mostly i'd just like to hear what the Lord has to say on the matter. But that will have to wait til this weekend. Just pray with me its not to chinle like grandpa always says......

7 comments:

Lora said...

Thats so exciting!!! I wonder where you're going to go?

Chelsee said...

Wow! SO exciting bud! I can't wait to find out!

Kates said...

Holy cow, this is so awesome. I told MK you were going to go on a mission and she said, "he can't go on a mission, he is stuck at college!"

Rylee said...

i cannot wait to find out! i wish we could be there in person so bad. we'll all have to be on speaker phone.

Smiths said...

Oh sweetest of the dear heavens. This is nuts!!!!!!! I say you'll go to Rochester, New York so we can feed you all the time!

Kathleen said...

I am thinking north! Northwest - maybe washington state or northeast - maybe boston!

Jann said...

Awesome and exciting news. I can't wait to hear where you are going. I hear the Maryland, Baltimore mission is an excellent one. Happy Birthday! Your bishop sounds great.