Thursday, June 18, 2009

Mission Prep

Yep. I'm actually packing for my mission. However, 2 years doesn't want to fit into a suitcase. But i must say I'm a pretty light packer.


If it was up to me this is all I'd take. Extra glasses, handbook, name tag, passport, and Book of Mormon. Grandpa Sherwood agrees.




But ties are crucial too....
The Bags
The inside of the bags
Excuse me. The inside de la bags.
These are some cool mission pics i took.

New glasses. The term you are currently looking for is 'spexy'
Kinda alot of repeat types of pictures.

Probably my favorite


Looking off into the land of Guatemala

I'm also currently trying to pick a mission scripture. For the infamous plaque, you know, and its difficult.
Option 1: Mosiah 12:21
  • How beautiful upon the mountains are the feet of him that bringeth good tidings; that publisheth peace; that bringeth good tidings of good; that publisheth salvation; that saith unto Zion, Thy God reigneth.

Or option 2: D and C 122:9

  • Therefore, hold thy way, and thy priesthood shall remain with thee; for their bounds are set, they cannot pass. Thy days are known, and thy years shall not be numbered less; therefore fear not what man can do, for God shall be with you forever and ever.

Possibly option 3: St. John 15:16

  • Ye have not chosen me, but i have chosen you, and ordained you, that ye should go and bring forth fruit, and that your fruit should remain: that whatsoever ye shall ask of the Father in my name, he may give it you.

7 comments:

Chelsee said...

Awesome pictures. Did reece take them for you? I think I might steal one and put it in my house.

Option one is my favorite.

I can't believe you are leaving so soon! It makes me sad, but I am so excited for you. Thanks for being such a good example. I love you!

Rylee said...

I am so excited for you. We are feeding the missionaries tomorrow night and as long as you are on a mission(and after) I will do my part to make sure they have full tummies because I really hope you have a full tummy in Guatemala! You are going to do so awesome! I am really going to miss you though, believe it or not!

Jann said...

You look very official. I loved the pictures and any of the three scriptures are great. I hope you add your mom as a contributor to your blog, and have her post your mission letters. I would love to read about how things are going for you. I am sure you are going to do great, and that there are people waiting for you to teach them the gospel.

Kates said...

I like option 1 or 3. And I loved all the pictures. And the word spexy is awesome. You are going to be a great missionary! Be good! We love you and pray for you every day!

Sherrod and Sarah Martin said...

I think you should go with Proverbs 21:19. From Sherrod

Karen Martin said...

Uh-oh. I don't know if missionaries are allowed to be spexy. We can't wait to hear about all of your adventures!

wendilla! said...

Race! the new specks are snazzy... also, whenever you say "spexy" it reminds me of kalhonino (or however the heck it is spelled) and it makes me want to cry. ALSO, don't forget your new mexico quarter!!!:)