Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Finally..... A "Real" Misionary











This email was a day late coming.... a bad thing to do to a first time missionary mom. But since there are pictures attached it is worth the wait. I hope I can figure out how to put the pictures on this whole blog thing. I think he looks good and happy for the most part anyway.

hey famhere are some picturesfrom divisions with a lazy companion. that was lame. but they arent very good. as we speak i am in the feild as a misionary. i am in my second day. my trainers name is elder Jensen from California. He was a zone leader and an assistant to the pres but was released to train becuase president baldwin likes good trainers. president baldwin told me elder Jensen is the best missionary hes had since being a president. and he seems really great. well both teach each other alot. right now im in an internet shop with the rest of my district writing letters. pretty sweet stuff. mobes isnt my comp anymore obviously but he is in my district so hes here now. also i live in a 4 missioary house which is rare. its me elder jensen elder eliason and my really good buddy from the ccm elder deering from mesa. he was my favorite there at the ccm so im glad i get to be with him alot. other than that not alot to reprot right now.our apartment is awesome we live on top of a huge hill ill try and send some pictures home soon. life is good im fine. my spanish is very slow of course but i can understand people and the spirit speaks spanish anyway so no problems. i appreciate the prayers and i feel them everyday. oh! i forgot to mention when i got to the mission home i met elder winters great kid we took a picture together and i got a HUGE stack of mail. so any letters i hadnt recieved like from chelsee with the picture s of the girls was becuse it was here. but that is the place to send them now. to the mission address. oh and dearelder works my whoie mission so you can do that insted of snailmail which is slow. but life is good. ill see if i cant work on getting my new trainer into elder davis speed. hell catch up eventually¨haha nothing much more. me and my trainer are both new to the area so we dont know anyone but life is good. this is one of the highest baptizing missions in the country. mom and dad you need to help the missionaries by giving them refences when you see them. very important. and tell buscuit to get cracking with eric proter. gotta run elder davis prononced day veez

6 comments:

Mamma Martin said...

Nothing like having a missionary. Brought tears to my eyes!! He sounds wonderful.

Rylee said...

He looks so great. I can just hear him being called Elder Dayveeze.

Chelsee said...

I love the pictures. I hope we get more, It's fun to see where he is.

Kates said...

It makes it all real now that he is taking pictures with the Gaut people. He looks awesome and sounds awesome!

Markee said...

The pictures made me cry, I'm not sure why it's just so awesome!! He sounds like he is doing great!!!

Ellen Rae said...

He looks great! It is amazing how quickly he is learning spanish. Having a missionary is so wonderful for a family. My two will be out there with him in a year from now. More blessings!