Tuesday, August 4, 2009

New mail from Guatemala

This is the newest email from Race. He sounds so good and like himself with his humor and funny stories. I can worry about anything you can imagine and so when his humor comes through I feel so much better. He hopes I fix his spelling etc but I think his misspelled words show that he is concentrating on spanish and maybe too busy to care about unimportant things.... so.... I put it in just like he sends it!

hi fam. i have more internet time this week so my letter will have more substance than last week. To all of you who email me-if i dont email back it desnt mean i dont get it and if i dont mention your email in my response i still probably read it. i ust have no time to read emails. but thanks for all the letters and the pictures. ok first mom would you please have grandpa write me a written letter and the nmail it to me? id like that alot. also there is a diahrea down here that can only be described by the title i have given it....swift and mighty. all the elders get it at some point or manybe many times and it is viscious. i have had it nuerous times. you know when it comes cause its...swift and mighty. next...make and ash. guess whos old companion is a teacher at the >M>TC here? none other than the compainon of one Paul Johnson snowflake arizona. also all raods lear through eargar. my mtc pres. who is president christenson swho is the coolest guy ever knows brother strud. go figure- i am working on obiendence iwith exactness. that means all ruses are of the same importance and should be followed with an almost riduclous standard of exactness. 1030 is bedtime. 1031 is not acceptabel. ever. any rule should be esteemed as highly as the law of chastity of word of wisdom. even if it si the rule that says only play half courst basketball. they are all from god and are all important. not every elder belives that or follows this cousel. oh well i have been asked by President Holland (via satelite) to issue you an apostolic thank you from the 12 and the first presidence. you have supported, formed and sent a missionary to the field to be an insturment in the hands of allmighty god. i may not be a great instrument but im herer because of you and the prophet thinks you should be congratulated for it. mom please tell me you fix my spelling and omit random stuff from my letter before you blog it! also i watched the jospeh smith move several times singce being in the mmtcs here and in provo. my thoughts? those sons of bitches killed our prophet. missionary life is good. the old missionaries left today so now its just my disctrict 11 guys, in the whole ccm. that means special treatment. we went out to breakfast with pr4es christenson to a breakfast buffet that const like 150 quets a person. thats like 20 bucks. missionary life is tough with made to order omlñets and fresh squeezed orange jusice at you beack and call. hahaha also last week we went on divisions. that is when you get an expierience companion, they drop you off in the city and say well be back at dark. i had a whole day of walking, tracting, and teaching discussions. it was totally real. i saw total poverty and some rich aress. it was an eye opener. we got chased by drunk bum who my companion )elder larson from montana, great kid) said was a homosexual prsotitute that bothered them alot. good times. i taught 3 discussions and handed out dozens of folletos (pamphlets). it was crazy awesome. we accidentally tracted into an office building and ended up teaching all 5 people from the office the first discussion in the lobby. that doesnt happen every day. bussed down here are nuts. armed gards on most of them and standing room only. 8 quetzs to a dollar. jsut throwing that out hterer. also we went to the hills yestereday and had a free day with the lederws that were leaving. we played soccer hiked and all kinds of stuff. it was awesome. president christianson has some prettu convincing evidence sobre how the book of mormon took place in guatemala. hahaha i just used sobre. it means about SWEET!!! speaking of that on fast sunday a kid got up and bore his testimony and i understood absolutely every word of it. it was sso cool. my spanish is at the pint where i can express myself about pretty much anything, i just have to think along time about it. that will eventually melt and then i will just be able to spek. good times. we get new elders tonight and i think one of them is from show low and i know him. perro no se. hahah but i dont know,. i like spekaing spanish and my homesicjness is going away. oh" my district! my words would be educated idiots. nice guys but the other day they actually had the conversation about the temperature of tranlated beings. kolob polygamy and dumb stuff like that gets brought up by a few elders in our district frwequently. lame. but i love them anyway. i have been on a mission for over a month. weird. tell chantz he looks sweet in that picture on of the sisters sent me. life is pretty much going great. nothing new. i got rained on finally. mom dont delete any of the letters between you and me. i have to delete them so you should save them. i lvoe you guys and im doing just fine. con amor Elder davis

5 comments:

Rylee said...

yes! his emails are the highlight of my week! he sounds so great. "swift and mighty!" so funny! "those sons of bitches" even funnier! i love that kid. i am so glad he is happy there!

Chelsee said...

I have been checking for this all day!!! He sounds great and so funny!

Smiths said...

Oh Race. How I love that young chap.

Kates said...

I will laugh about Sons of Bitches for days. That is exactly what they are! He is so awesome...I am so proud of him!

Tina said...

Way to quote Aunt Tonna! She should be proud. I'm betting that Race's typing skills more than his spelling skills are the issue, but it is completely readable. What a fun letter. I can actually picture some of what he talked about, because I've actually been there. Can you believe it? I actually went outside the USA!!! Probably never again!
P.S. I didn't get the swift and mighty, probably because A. Dixie wouldn't even let me brush my teeth with the water!