Monday, August 31, 2009

Race now emails on Monday. Who knew? He probably won't get mine until next Monday because I didn't email in time today:( Oh well. I know now and I will get on the ball! This is the latest from Guatemala! I also got a picture from sherrod and Sarah of Race and Sarah's little brother Daniel. But it is in the wrong format to put on the blog so sorry. But he looks good and happy!

Hey fam,so i email on mondays now. just throwing that out there. ya.... anyways i have alot to tell you about my first week. I am in Guajitos which is the best area ever. We had a baptism to report our first week! it was obviously from work the other missionaries did before us but we had that service this week. We have more baptisms scheduled with investigastors and we have high hopes for the area in the next 6 weeks. Yesterday i saw a toyota tacoma with 13 people in the back. i know right! So on the streets there are these little stands that fry chicken and pork and potatoes and stuff...and every day i want to eat the stuff....however i know that if i do i will barf up my own pancreas. but still. I live on top of a massive hill. my legs are sore all the time it is so amazing. Mom you said a while back that cammie wrote me. did she send it do you know_ cause i havent recieved it and i would really really love to hear what she had to say about m,y letter. So we are teaching this guy named smailey, Smailey is a cool guy he busted his leg up really bad so he has to use crutches all the time and in the mornings we go over and walk him around to keep his leg strong. but today we went to walk him and before we even took our backpackls off he told us he want to talk about baptism. we set a date with him this moring. what a blesssing! we have great memebers here and i attriibute all our succes to them. smaileys mom is named elsa. she is my favorite little lady. she really wants to get baptized but she cant becuase she doesnt have the money to get married to her husband. it costs about 20 dollars in us money to do it. its amazing how much we have and how little others have. 20 bucks is stopping her eternal progression. were gonna figure something out though. other than that i dont have much. ill talk to you later! love elder davis.

4 comments:

Kates said...

His letters are just not long enough for me! I want to hear more more more:) Anyway he sounds great. I love having a missionary brother!

Markee said...

I love reading his letters, he is awesome!!!!

Mamma Martin said...

He IS awesome!!!I love "getting" missionary letters again!!

Grandma Esther said...

You are doing an amazing job in your missionary work. We love hearing about your experiences. You have learned the language so quickly. Another miracle!