Monday, November 9, 2009

Hand Signals in Guatemala!

He is still not getting my mail! I feel sick. Any suggestions from anyone out there? But here is his latest and a letter from Elder Mobley.

Hey all
not alot going on this week. this is my last week of this change. i cant beleve ive been in palinfor a change almost. six weeks really flew by. one thing that is interesting down here is hand symbol.....not those kind....although they exist. in abundance actually. but there are some interesting ones. for example. holdyour hand our infront of you like you are cradling a light bulb. now rotate your hand as if you are screwing it into the ceiling. doing that means ¨where are you going¨¨ so when a bus is coming i hold up my hsand and od that and they shout their destination. or they do it to us standing n the side od the road and we tell them where. kinda interesting, also when you call someone or becon, it isnt like in the states its wioth your palm to the ground and then bringing the fingers to the palm. almost like in the us but woth the palm down. so you do that with niƱos or the bus or whatever. so kevin is going to florida huh? sweet lovin. tell his family congratulations. and that there is mail en route for them. not alot eklse. we have a new coule that we are teaching. wilson and nancy. they are really young and expecting a baby. he drinks like a mad person but whants to change his life. looks like ill be cleaning puke off my doc martens for a while. oh well. not muich else.
oh ya FELICITACIONES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! kates had the baby huh? sweetness. i like hyrum alot. cool ill be expecting pictures.
gotta run for now elder davis

4 comments:

Rylee said...

Mom are you sending letters through snail mail, email or dear elder?

Kates said...

He sounds great. I can't believe i forgot to send pictures last night. I am the worst sister. I will do it for sure this week!

Markee said...

I can't believe he is not getting your mail! That is so sad!! I don't think he gets mine either because every week I write and tell him just give me a shout out if you are getting my mail and I have never heard a word!! Oh well.... But he sounds great!!

wendilla! said...

He sounds like he is doing so great! I miss Racial McDaverson. I don't believe he is getting my mail either... I am slightly relieved to hear that it isn't just my letters going through. I had come to the conclusion that Connor Race Davis hated me. hmmm...