In November, You No Shave.
It swept the nation, and this year it swept me up with it. I started the second week in November, but I did not shave until Dec. 1st. I will admit, however, that I did do some trimming.
I have never grown out my facial hair, and so I decided to try it.
Any man who participated suffered from some of the masculine side effects of "No Shave November", including:
- Dramatic increase in grunting/ red meat consumption
- Excessive use of flannel
- A rejection of modern conveniences such as: indoor plumbing, deodorant and tooth care items
- Heightened urge to maim/kill/barbecue innocent animals
- "Me sleep more time" is heard throughout man caves everywhere
- Desire to organize a wagon train and travel the "Oregon trail"
- The Bass Pro Shop is referred to as "Mecca" or "Valhalla"
- Urge to trade in current car for a truck
- Refusal to travel without an ax, shotgun and/or jug of moonshine
- Regular sacrifices are made to a statue of John Wayne
This is my Novembeard
Its really not a beard is it? More of a November goatee...
The pre-Christmas month goatee of excellence
Before I got out the razor I used some scissors to shorten the matter up a little
I shaved off everything but the mustache. I think I look like a French used-car salesman
I couldn't resist trying the Adolph stash. It was a Hit. :)
The freshly shaved final finished face.
I was not a huge fan of the facial hair until I realized that when I had it, no one asked me for I.D. when I bought shotgun shells or spray-paint.
And then, once I shaved, I was not a huge fan of the 12-year-old look either.
Leave your two cents in a comment below
SHAVED OR SCRUFFY? Which do you prefer?
Be honest! I still don't know which I like best....