Sunday, April 1, 2012

BYU and my Pedo-Stash

Well everyone, I have big news.

As you may have heard, I recently applied to and was rejected from BYU.

To let off some steam, I drafted a snarky blog post about why BYU was blind to reject my application.

However, if there is anything that we have learned from Martin Harris, it is that there is no harm in asking for permission multiple times.

Maybe that's a bad example. Here's a better one from Luke 18:
2.There was in a city a judge, which feared not God, neither regarded man:

3 And there was a widow in that city; and she came unto him, saying, Avenge me of mine adversary.

4 And he would not for a while: but afterward he said within himself, Though I fear not God, nor regard man;

5 Yet because this widow troubleth me, I will avenge her, lest by her continual coming she weary me

I am the widow who wearied BYU by my continual coming.

Despite my initial rejection, I have been accepted into BYU! I will let you all choose what to believe. I visited Provo over spring break. This is how I got in:

  1. I nailed my 95 thesis to the door of the Wilkinson Center on BYU campus, detailing why I should get in.
  2. I went into the admissions office and threw a fit, flipping over tables and shouting my qualifications.
  3. I happened to see President Cecil O. Samuelson in an elevator while taking a tour of campus. I explained that I was there visiting my brother and that I had been rejected. We had an interview and he pulled some strings.
  4. I wrote a dishonest email to BYU admissions, saying that I was married to someone that had been accepted, and urging them to change their minds.
  5. Magic.

You choose which you will believe. Remember that on a test, the longest answer is usually the right one. :)

However, the important thing is I GOT IN! I am signed up for the summer term.

On a related note, Mustache March is over! I am now clean shaven.

I must admit that I was glad to be rid of the thing. Here is a visual time line of my face.




What I wish I could look like with a mustache:

What I really look like:


YIKES!!! I went from a nice, clean shaven dude... to that ^.

I have been through the valley of the shadow of scruff, and because I emerged looking like a sex-offender I will never do it again.
BYU here I come!