Wednesday, January 9, 2013

My Lawsuit Against BYU

I have not blogged in months. For this I am ashamed. I have been busy with classes, and I blame my professors for my lack of posts.

I know what you all are thinking, and YES you may sue BYU for emotional damages incurred as a result of the cougar-induced Brigham Yog Famine. Click here to proceed to the office of my attorney, he will handle all cases against the free-time crushing monstrosity commonly referred to as Brigham Young University. 

I am now starting a new semester here in Provo, and the following are my not-so-interesting ramblings about...stuff.

Stuff #1- My classes.

 My class schedule this semester is a little nutty. My high school experience (which was an adventure on the high Cs (that was a solid pun)) did let me in on one secret, which was that I like English and Literature.

I am currently enrolled to take 5 English classes at once. I will probably end up not doing that thing, mostly because (for me and my time-management skills) that is the academic equivalent of challenging a 9 year old to a most annoying sound contest. In both scenarios you will probably fail, and will certainly end up with a headache.

But currently I am scheduled for the following classes:
  • Writing Literary Criticism
  • Major Authors (Hawthorne and Melville)
  • The American Novel
  • British Literary History I
  • Myth, Legends and Folktales
That is all. I wish I did not have to drop any, but I bet at least one has to go.


 That is not all of my books, either.


Stuff #2- The American Novel (so special it gets its own "stuff" point).

After only a few hours of experience, this class has already emerged as my favorite for the semester. There are a few things that impress me about this class. First, I will say that the fact that the teacher Dr. Cutchins looks a little like Quentin Tarentino is neither a plus nor a minus to the course, but is pretty cool:

Picture of Dennis Ray Cutchins

DISCLAIMER: OK, these men look nothing alike in these pictures. But come to class on Monday and Wednesdays and you will see.  In person it is a much stronger resemblance.

The reading list is awesome as well:
  • Moby Dick- Herman Melville
  • Daisy Miller- Henry James
  • Catcher in the Rye- JD Salinger
  • Shipping News- EA Prouelx
  • Dialogic Imagination- Mikhail Bakhtin 
  • All the Pretty Horses- Cormac McCarthy
  • The Sun Also Rises- Ernest Hemingway
  • The Adventures of Huckleberry Finn- Mark Twain
  • Mosquito Coast- Paul Theroux
Some of those are not my favorites (looking at you Salinger!) but I am excited to have Dr. Cutchins show me the error of my ways.

Another thing that instantly won me over to Dr. Cutchins was the fact that he used a curse word in class on the second day. I wont say which word it was, but it does appear in the bible (which makes it ok), and it was awesome.

And if anyone who has the ability to fire Dr. Cutchins is reading, I was just kidding about the curse word thing. (But I'm totally not).



Stuff #3- Trivial Pursuit

Outside of school, I have learned something important: there are only 2 types of people in this world: people who love to play trivial pursuit, and people who would rather use sandpaper as toilet paper for the rest of their lives rather than play trivial pursuit.

I happen to love the game, as do most of my roommates. We often drag unsuspecting friends and girlfriends into the game. While that does not always make for correct answers, it does make for entertaining answers. Heather Bitter will go down in history as the all time best answer giver in the history of Trivial Pursuit. Some of her best work includes:

  • What animal is the result of a horse and a donkey breeding? 
    • Heather's answer: "A zebra!"
  • What actress starred with John Wayne in "Rooster Cogburn and the Lady"?
    • Austen's answer: "Katherine Hepburn"
    • Heather's retort "Um Austen, that is not a person. I think you mean Audrey Hepburn." 
This is the same girl who thought (and I kid thee not) that a "bowel movement" was a type of surgery.

Stuff #4- My New Job

I now have gainful employment as a security officer at the LDS Motion Picture Studio.

 


That is me at my desk. And yes, I do carry one bullet in my chest pocket. I really love working there. It is fun, exciting, and I get plenty of homework done.
 

Stuff #5- I once told my readers about a great mug that I bought. It was a mug among mugs (click here for the story).

I now present to you chapter two in my mugnificient journey:

That is a mug with a serial number. If I attacked someone with it would be assault with a deadly drinker. I could use it in a drive by juicing. I use it to drink Smith and Wesson cider, Colt cola, Remington rum, Beretta beverages, Nine Millimeter milk, Pistol Pop, Semi-Automatic soda, Hair Trigger tea, and Glock Gatorade.

Unfortunately, Mike Bloomberg will probably take it away from me soon, both because it is a weapon and because it holds more than 16 ounces. (Double political joke).

This violent vessel was a Christmas present from my sister Markee and her husband Eric. Thanks!

That is all the stuffs I have to share with you guys today. I don't know if you can call it a promise if you know you will break it, but here goes:

I promise to blog more.

And to end this wonderful post, here is a picture of me in a huge sombrero:


 OLE!








15 comments:

The Tanner and Bryan Experience said...

I commented first because I love you the most. Moreover, the High Cs was indeed a solid pun. Please keep your promise and blog more. Don't be a turd out there.

Chelsee said...

Yes, please blog more. I forgot how much I miss a good post!

Sophia Adam said...

for 40% off grey gifts for any occation visit http://treasuredengraving.blogspot.com/2013/02/valentines-day-special.html

News said...

Good ;)
http://lsleeples.blogspot.com/ -a mix for quiet nights and loud thoughts

Haris said...


Come forward to us & get solution for your income problems ,(11557)
Complete Our 3 day work at home training course and be
placed in a work at home job, with a real company that
will earn you over $50,000 per year Guaranteed!
Earn up to $100,000 Per year from home
as a certified home worker for more details visit: (http://www.JobzInn.com)

Keith said...

Just stumbled over here. Wandering the blog road.

Can I just say. I envy you your reading list there. To get to read and realize those nine books. Enjoy the process and the privilege.

bos daiwei said...

Anyway, that was the type of day I was having and I was not happy (in spite of the constant practice of gratitude, mindfulness and other happiness-boosting techniques.)
cheap jerseys

courtneyclare said...

Dude how is BYU? I went to high school in Utah, and I was thinking of going to BYU for college...but I'm an Irish Catholic who stereotypically drinks a lot. I'm not sure I would fit in

王洛 said...

塑膠加工
塑膠射出
塑膠零件
射出加工
工程塑膠
台中抽水肥
台中通馬桶
台中通水管
台中清水溝
清水溝
倉儲設備
物料架
鋼架
倉儲架
巧固架
花蓮民宿
花蓮民宿推薦
花蓮住宿
花蓮住宿推薦
脫水機
過濾設備
廢棄物清除
廢棄物處理
鐵桶塑膠桶買賣
婚禮樂團
婚禮音樂
婚禮樂團
婚禮音樂
滴雞精
烤肉食材
創業加盟
茶飲加盟
益生菌
抵抗力
過敏
脹氣
異位性皮膚炎
食慾不好
鐵氟龍焊接
綠島
綠島民宿
綠島住宿
綠島旅遊
高雄住宿
台北搬家
婚紗
婚紗攝影
台中婚紗
婚紗攝影

Sifat Hassan said...

Tahts really great. Join this site called "addcash.merratey.com". You can advertise to 1000 people for per 100 site visits. And also earn $1 per 100 visits. You can divert lots of traffic through this site.

Lauralee Provenzo said...

http://faithlovepeacejoy.blogspot.com/

usha.digitalinfo said...

Meenakshi hotel is the best hotel in jaipur, which is near of rail way station, it’s a reasonable luxury hotel which provide facilities in affordable rate. I think its more affordable hotel because it’s a heritage hotel also, once some one used to visit here I think no one can’t refuse for its facility best service.

economical hotels jaipur , best hotels in jaipur
economy heritage hotels , best budget hotels in jaipur
economy hotels in jaipur
affordable hotels in jaipur
jaipur budget hotel
online hotel booking in india
hotels in jaipur
jaipur hotel packages jaipur
discount hotels in india
hotel at jaipur
hotels in india
cheap hotels jaipur
budget hotels india
luxury hotels jaipur
railway station hotel jaipur
budget hotel jaipur
3 star hotels in jaipur
jaipur hotel packages
hotel packages
discount hotels in india
discount hotels
cheap hotels india rajasthan
cheap hotel deals
hotel near railway station
jaipur hotel packages
hotel packages in jaipur
railway station hotels jaipur
station road hotels jaipur
reasonable luxury hotels
budget hotels rajasthan
luxury hotels in jaipur
economical hotels in jaipur
heritage hotels
best luxury hotels
honeymoon suites
economy hotels
affordable hotels
heritage hotels
hotel query
hotels tariff
cheap hotels jaipur
Hotel Reservation
luxury hotels

usha.digitalinfo said...

brainbuxa.com make a proposal of phone over Internet free internet calls, free international calls & other Internet telephone solutions, blogs, quick live call, best results. With our company you can call for free using Internet to phone. Brainbuxa.com is the convenient & simple free internet service to make PC-to-phone calls for free. And its providing many helpful services which is useful and required for today youth for career and study purpose.


online results india , exam results online india , board exam results india ,
board results india , exam results online , free sms portal , india results , examination results india , board results , free sms portal india , indian cbse exam results cbse exam results , cbse exam results india , entrance exams india , board exam results
examination results , indian examination results , where to study , study abroad programs distance education india , free calls services , online results , exams in india , university results , campus events , education news india , online ssc results


online indian educational portal , online indian results portal , online Results portal , online University Results portal , University Results portal , online University Results , rajasthan board results , free sms messaging , indian school board results

usha.digitalinfo said...

Deepshikha group of colleges Institute of Technology & Engineeringr A leading Private Engineering College pioneer in providing technical education in Jaipur, Rajasthan, affiliated to AICTE & University of Rajasthan.
management colleges jaipur
technical education rajasthan
management colleges
admission in engineering colleges rajasthan
colleges in pharmacy, engineering colleges in India
best engineering colleges,M.tech technical studies
pharmacy colleges jaipur india
educational institutes in India
educational institutes in India , RPET Colleges india
AIEEE Colleges india , best aieee colleges
computer engineerings colleges rajasthan
Information technologies institutions
mechanical engineerings colleges india
Civil Engineerings educational colleges
Best Electrical engineerings colleges
Top Engineering Colleges
Technical Engineering Courses india
Best Placements colleges jaipur
engineering colleges jaipur
engineering technology courses india
engineering colleges jaipur
Best Engineering Colleges
Top Engineering colleges india
top 10 college jaipur india
top 5 college jaipur rajasthan
best college jaipur india
Best University in Jaipur
top colleges in jaipur
Best colleges in Jaipur
Btech education jaipur india
Best engineering colleges
Rajasthan Technical University
top private colleges rajasthan india
Engineering colleges Rajasthan india
Best colleges in jaipur
Best Engineering College
Top Engineering colleges, Best MBA Colleges
Best MCA Colleges
jaipur engineering colleges
best engineering courses india , civil engineering colleges
institute of engineering and technology

usha.digitalinfo said...

Regional.ac.in Institute of Technology & Engineering A leading Private Engineering College pioneer in providing technical education in Jaipur , Rajasthan, affiliated to AICTE & University of Rajasthan.
best engineering colleges jaipur rajasthan india
top engineering colleges in india,
top engineering colleges rajasthan
top engineering colleges india
engineering colleges rajasthan , top 20 engineering colleges
private engineering colleges, top ranked engineering colleges
top private engineering colleges
degree colleges of engineering jaipur india
degree colleges of engineering india
diploma colleges of of engineering jaipur india
diploma colleges of of engineering india
best technical institutes jaipur rajasthan india
best technical institutes , top computer engineering colleges
best technical institutes india , engineering course
b.tech degree colleges , engineering courses online
b.tech degree colleges rajasthan , online engineering courses
b.tech degree colleges india , industrial engineering courses
automotive engineering technology
college of engineering , environmental engineering courses
top b.tech colleges jaipur india , software engineering courses
top b.tech colleges india ,
b.tech technical educational institutes jaipur,rajsthan,india
b.tech technical educational institutes rajsthan
b.tech technical educational institutes india
civil engineering colleges, b.tech computer engineering
b.tech civil engineering colleges india
b.tech mechanical engineering colleges india
b.tech Electronics And Communication Engineering india
b.tech information technology engineering jaipur india
private b.tech engineering colleges india
b.tech technical education colleges jaipur india
software engineering courses , civil engineering technology
top college for engineering, engineering technology degree
pre engineering courses,
distance learning engineering courses